About the project
Delivered by the Department for Infrastructure construction one of the Northern Irelands largest infrastructure projects has reached a major milestone as the first works on the main route get underway between A6 Dungiven and Drumahoe this summer.
The main objectives of this major investment are:
- Improve the North Western Key Transport Corridor as identified in the Regional Development Strategy 2035.
- Reduce journey times and improve journey time reliability.
- Improve the environment of Dungiven by providing a bypass for strategic traffic.
- Improve road safety.
Construction on the project includes:
The A6 Dungiven to Drumahoe includes the:
- Improvement of the A6 Trunk Road from single carriageway to dual two lane carriageway.
- Four new compact grade separated junctions at the B118 Tamnaherin Road, the U1175 Gulf Road, the B69 Baranailt Road and the B74 Feeny Road.
- 22 Structures.
- New left in-left out arrangement at Ardmore junction
Three new roundabouts:
- On the A6, connecting the existing single carriageway road to the new dual two lane carriageway, east of Dungiven.
- At the new compact grade separated junction at the B118 Tamnaherin Road.
- On the new A6, connecting the existing C507 Tirbracken Road to the new dual two lane carriageway, north of Drumahoe.
Get To Know The Team
Public Liaison OfficerSacyr, Wills Bros Ltd, Somague Joint Venture